Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My angel doesn't feel well...

Well we have gone a long time without being sick around here until yesterday. And I think we made up for all that absent time rather quickly. Kate woke up sounding like a seal. As a momma you know right away when you hear that horrible seal barking cough come out of something so small that it can't be good and that it also probably means Croup has paid us a visit. We started breathing treatments right away because everyone around the windy/dry/cold/warm weather of the Texas panhandle should have a breathing machine on hand. If you do not... invest in one. Our whole family uses it. Our machine is suppose to look like a little yellow and orange monkey because I guess cuteness is a priority when you can't breathe.
As a momma your heart aches for your child when they are sick. They are helpless and are relying on you to make them feel better. And in return us as mommas are relying on God to heal them because we know that they are His. I remember being a child and thinking that I wanted no one but my momma when I was sick. She knew how to make me the most comfortable, she made my tea just right, my soup was never too hot or too cold, she could just look at me and know that my fever was high... I thought she was the answer. I want my momma still to this day when I am sick even though I know it's really just for my own comfort.
Kate is doing better today. She sounds worse actually but she feels better if that makes any sense. Yesterday I hardly heard her voice because it hurt to talk, which had to be very hard for her to be quiet, she is a talker.
I took a couple of pictures of her...
I love her. She is so easy to get along with and is always so joyful. Even when she isn't feeling well she is sweet and thinking of others. We consider ourselves blessed to have her in our lives.

1 comment: